Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Who thinks I am going to lose my job in the oil industry?

With all the talk of global warming and Kyoto, my job in the Canadian oil industry feels jeaprodized. Do you think I should start looking in other fields?Who thinks I am going to lose my job in the oil industry?
I wish I had your problems. With the price of oil sky high with no end in sight, your job is safe. With Kyoto and global warming being nothing but a big azzed marketing scam, your grandkids grandkids could retire out of the oil biz...Who thinks I am going to lose my job in the oil industry?
It's pretty unlikely that oil will go away within our lifetimes. However, you could do our children %26amp; grandchildren a favor and start looking into a career in alternative energy development or at least investigate how the current oil/energy infrastructure could be transitioned into other industries, energy-based or otherwise.
Yeah in about a 100 years. That's when your reserves are due to run out.
I wouldn't worry, the sourcing isn't the problem - it's the means by which it is burned that's gonna kill us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment